permanent - Nurse Practitioner - northern Illinois - 115531
Illinois 21090 US
The nurse practitioner works in collaboration with the member’ s primary care physician to deliver exception health care. The nurse practitioner is the medical liaison to the interdisciplinary staff and allied health providers and communicates effectively to assure seamless delivery of services.
As a key member of the clinical team in the skilled nursing facility, the nurse practitioner provides preventive care, diagnoses both acute and chronic illnesses, orders and interprets diagnostic tests, prescribes medications, refers to specialists as appropriate, establishes a plan of care with short-term and long-term goals, and is a resource to members, families, and staff.
- Demonstrates both autonomy and proficiency in performance of comprehensive health assessments.
- Collaborates with member’ s primary care physician to create a care plan focused on prevention, early detection and timely intervention.
- Adheres to Provider Partners Health Plan standards of documentation and communication.
- Observes the scope of practice in the state in which he or she is licensed and working in.
- Communicates with physicians and family members during transitions of care.
- Effectively communicates with all members of the care team and facilitates a medically appropriate and effective plan of care to avoid unnecessary duplication of testing, and fragmentation of care.
- Participates in case rounds to review skilled and hospitalized members.
- Performs duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
- Minimum of 3 years clinical care experience.
- Clinical competence and understanding of evidenced-based practice.
- Proficient in basic computer skills- confidence in learning and using unfamiliar computer programs and electronic devices.
- Strong commitment to the care of the elderly and the needs of their families
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Admirable teaching skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Skilled Nursing Facility/Long Term Care experience preferred.
- Case management experience preferred
- Knowledge of current standard medical practices and experience with Medicare/Medicaid.
- Detailed knowledge of I-SNP MOC and I-SNP population.
- Proficiency in nursing/medical databases and Microsoft programs.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
LICENSURE, CREDENTIALING AND CERTIFICATION
- Currently licensed as an Acute, Adult/Gerontological or Family Nurse Practitioner in the state of practice.
- Meets the Provider Partner Health Plan credentialing requirements.
- Holds or is eligible for DEA licensure and CDS licensure (if required in the state of practice)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification.
- Current unrestricted RN license for the state in which the Nurse Care Coordinator is practicing.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.